With a few tips and tricks, you don’t have to be a professional to have fabulous looking makeup. It has taken me years to learn my face shape, what colors flatter me, how much to apply, and how to apply it so that it looks beautiful and natural. But, I think I’ve finally perfected my morning routine!
You don’t have to spend hours doing it, either. Once you have the know-how, you’ll see just how much makeup can accentuate your best features and hide those that aren’t as favorable. Here are a few makeup tips and tricks that you’ll wish you had known a long, long time ago!
1. Moisturize. Creating a the perfect base for your makeup is very important. Moisturizer benefits your skin by hydrating, and promotes anti-aging benefits. It will even out your skin texture creating a perfect palette to begin your makeup routine.
2. Conceal. Hide away any dark circles, fine lines or blemishes with a concealer. This will get rid of any imperfections and leave your skin looking flawless.
3. Powder or light foundation. We recommend to use a powder or an airy liquid foundation. The illusion that we’re going for is natural makeup, so using a thick cakey makeup doesn’t fit the bill. Be sure to apply evenly with a brush or sponge for an even, non-streaky, look and your face will appear naturally perfect.
4. Subtle blush. Creme blushes work well because you can rub them in as much as you like for a dramatic or subtle look. Depending on your skin color, blush colors will vary – but peaches tend to look great on everyone. Blend in to your natural cheekbone line where pink undertones normally show.
5. Neutral shadows. Sweep a neutral color over your lids for a muted but beautiful eye. Choose a color that is just a shade or two darker than your skin tone, anything too dark will create a more dramatic eye and won’t look natural.
6. Nude lip. When choosing a lip color, go for the light pinks, peaches and sand colors. You could also apply a little gloss for an even simpler lip.
7. Little mascara (if any). A thin layer of mascara is all you need for a natural look. You still want your eyes to stand out, so if you have light lashes, adding a layer of mascara may be a good idea. If you naturally have dark, full lashes you may skip out on the mascara.
8. No liner. While eyeliner is great for a dramatic eye, it doesn’t fit with the natural makeup look. Don’t apply any eyeliner on the top or bottom. Not only will your face look naturally stunning but you’ll love how easy taking off your makeup is!
Amazing Makeup Tips and Tricks Every Woman Should Know