Blackhead is caused when excess skin oil, sebum and congesting toxins are expelled through your skin from the blood and lymph fluid that supplies your skin with nutrients. These congesting toxins combined with skin oil and sebum clogs your pores causing blackheads, whiteheads, and full blown acne.
Causes of Blackheads
Following are the major blackheads causes:
1. Improper skin care
2. Oily and combination skins
Follow the following diet and free the body of harmful toxins in order to have a beautiful and vibrant skin. This diet will also improve and strength your liver functions. However you have to take care that from now on you follow a healthy and well balanced diet. This journey is very difficult and thus start only if you have the confidence in you and don’t give up in between.
A SIX-DAY DIET REGIMEN
BREAKFAST FOR EACH OF THE SIX DAYS:
Fifteen minutes before you are ready to eat breakfast squeeze the juice of one lemon in a medium glass of hot water and drink it. The rest of the meal consists of 250 ml of fruit juice (orange or grape), 5 level tablespoons of cottage cheese, 250g fresh fruit – you can eat only one kind of fruit or combine fruits in a salad (no bananas or avocados). You may drink one cup of tea, with milk and sugar if desired. Between breakfast and lunch you should drink all the vegetable broth (recipe provided) as you can hold. Also eat fresh raw fruit. Make a large quantity of the vegetable broth and store in the refrigerator.
LUNCH FOR EACH OF THE SIX DAYS:
Drink two cups of vegetable broth during the meal. Make a salad by chopping fresh, raw vegetables in a bowl. Use four from the following list: Asparagus, beans, beets, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, celery, green peppers, lettuce, onions, pumpkin, spinach, squash, tomatoes. For dessert, slice fresh fruit and serve with drizzle of honey. You may drink a small glass of fresh milk if desired. Between lunch and dinner drink all the vegetable juice you desire and eat all the fresh fruit you want.
DINNER FOR EACH OF THE SIX DAYS:
Drink two cups of vegetable broth during the meal. Select two or three of the different kinds of vegetables listed and steam-cook them with a little butter. Eat a generous helping of each. Eat a medium slice of whole-wheat bread with butter. For dessert, eat a fresh fruit salad. If you feel hungry after dinner, eat as much fresh fruits as you want and drink vegetable juice.
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE BROTH:
To make vegetable broth, dice 7 carrots and 1 small bunch of celery into small pieces. Place in 2 quarts water and boil for 15 minutes. Add one-third bunch of fresh parsley and a large handful of fresh spinach. Flavour with tomatoes, green peppers or garlic. Boil 10 minutes more. Drain off the broth, retaining the fluid. Flavour with salt of onion. This recipe makes about one day’s supply. It can be used hot or cold. The purpose of this broth is to flush the system, so drink lots of it during the 6 days. It’s loaded with minerals.
1. Prepare a paste of oatmeal or almond and apply it on the face. Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with rose water to make a soft paste that spreads easily on the skin. Rub it on skin with fingertips especially on the affected areas. Leave to dry for about 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
2. Make a solution of one and a half cups of hot water and half a tablespoon of boric powder. It is also an effective home remedy for blackheads.
3. Mix fresh limejuice with some ground drumstick pods and leaves. It has good results on the treatment of blackheads.
4. Warm a little honey and apply on the blackhead areas. Wash off after 10-15 minutes. It is also a good remedy for blackheads.
5. Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
6. Prepare a mixture of 1 tsps groundnut oil with 1 tsp fresh limejuice. Apply it to prevent the formation of blackheads and pimples.
7. Prepare a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
1. Always keep your skin clean.
2. You can also use some oil control formula for skin to prevent blackheads.
1. Boil 2-3 teaspoons basil leaves in a cup of water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball. It is an effective herbal remedy for blackheads.
2. Make a paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves and apply it over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. It is an effective remedy for blackheads.