Broccoli Seeds – Broccoli belongs to the family of the cruciferous vegetables which includes cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, and others.
Broccoli is known to be a healthful and nutritious vegetable with purple or green florets. Broccoli is one of the highest sources of dietary fibers and proteins in the plant kingdom.
It is also one of the richest sources of Vitamin C, iron, zinc, selenium, calcium, and magnesium. With numerous benefits attached to it, Broccoli is now considered a power food by vegetarians.
Sowing Time: August to October.
- Water regularly, 1 to 1.5 litres of water per week.
- Symptoms may include slow growth, stunted plants; yellowish leaves, lesions which form concentric rings become brittle and crack in center, round or irregularly shaped gray necrotic lesions on leaves with dark margins. Common pests affecting broccoli are Flea Beetles, Aphids, Downy mildew, Cabbage loopers, Cabbage Worms, Cabbage root maggots,Whiteflies, Woodchucks.
- The soil pH should be between 6.0 and 7.0. The best soil type is sandy along with 2 to 4 inches of rich compost or a thin layer of manure before planting.
- Broccoli needs at least 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- Broccoli does best when temperature remains between 4-21 degree C (40-70 F).
SOWING TIME: Sow Broccoli Seeds in the Period of August to October.
SOWING DISTANCE: Plant to Plant – 1′ Line to Line – 1.5′.
HOW TO SOW: Soil should be mixed with well rotten Cow dung. Raise nursery and transplant 30-35 days old plants at the distance of 1.5 feet between line to line and 1.0 feet plant to plant. Irrigate immediately and then as per requirement. Harvest starts after 65 – 70 days from transplanting.
SEED TYPE: Superior Quality, Open Pollinated, Non-Hybrid, GMO-Free, And Heirloom (with An Unadulterated Genetic Heritage) Vegetable and Herb Seeds.
Tested For Germination.